A popular choice of desert has always been the fruit pie. In this month’s recipe we will be letting you know how to make an easy apple pie right in time for Autumn.
You will need;
- 4 Large Bramley Cooking Apples
- 3 Tablespoons of White Sugar
- 30 grams of Butter
- 1 tablespoon of ground Cinnamon
- 1 packet of pre-made short crust pastry.
- 1 pie dish
- Preheat your oven to 230 degrees Celsius.
- Roll out your pastry and cut around a plate or pan to create two circles of rolled out pastry.
- Line your pie dish with the first of the two pastry disks.
- Remove the skins and cores from your apples and then slice them thinly.
- Arrange your apple slices into layers in the dish with your pastry. Be sure to sprinkle your sugar and cinnamon on top of each layer. Keep layering the apple slices up until you no longer have any left.
- Cut your butter into small chunks and place these around the top layer of your apples.
- Cover the top with the second pastry disk.
- Place in the oven on the bottom shelf and bake at 230 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, reduce the oven temperature to 175 degrees Celsius and then bake for a further 30 to 35 minutes.
- Take your apple pie out of the oven and enjoy. You can eat this apple pie recipe hot or cold. It’s completely up to you!