Have you been awarded?
This years North East Disability Sports Awards will be honouring sports stars from all around the North East. Media companies are invited to attend the North East Disability Sports Awards 2013, this will be taking place in Durham on Tuesday 25th February. This is now the events seventh year and it gives participants, coaches and clubs that are involved in disability sport a chance to honour those who provided support and contributed the most during the 2013 Disability Sports.
With over 90 clubs participating in all levels of disability sports, there is only a small eight award categories, which are:
- The Participant of the Year Award – sponsored by Transforming Culture.
- The Club of the Year Award – sponsored by Metro Rod North East.
- The Female Personality Award – sponsored by SMILE Through Sport.
- The Young Female Achiever Award – sponsored by Future Sport.
- The Male Personality Award – sponsored by House of Type.
- The Young Male Achiever Award – sponsored by Future Sport.
- The Service to Sport Award – sponsored by D&P Trophies.
- The Coach of the Year Award – sponsored by sports coach UK.
The high profile winners from previous events involve awards such as:
- Female Personality: Gayle Broomfield, British Dressage Senior Talent Spotting Champion.
- Young Male Achiever: Josef Craig, Paralympic champion in the 400m freestyle S7.
- Male Personality: Terry Bywater, Represented Great Britain in the Wheelchair Basketball team at London 2012.
Details of the event can be located below:
Date: Tuesday 25 February 2014
Timetable: 11:30am for Arrival
12:00pm – Welcome address
12:10pm – Awards Ceremony
1:00pm – Lunch
Venue: The Durham Centre, Belmont Industrial Estate, Durham, DH1 1TN.
- Tees Valley Sport Executive Director Jean Lordon
- Award winners and nominees
For any enquiries or anything that you would like to know about the event please contact Catherine Watson on 03000 264 618.