and temptations indoors and outside for our pets. Chocolate (especially dark chocolate), raisins (even those in your Christmas cake and mince pies), blue cheese and batteries can all prove fatal if ingested while tinsel and turkey bones can cause life threatening intestinal blockages. Small dogs and cats can get tangled in Christmas lights and all pets are at risk of electrocution if they chew through the cables while they’re plugged in, house rabbits are particularly at risk.

When venturing outdoors, sweet-tasting antifreeze is toxic to cats even in very small quantities and holly, mistletoe and poinsettias can all cause tummy upsets. Please enjoy the festive season but keep your pets safe as well. If you have any questions or concerns at all, contact your vet at the earliest opportunity.

Get CONSETT MAGAZINE straight to your inbox.

* indicates required

Previous articleYarn Bombing – Colour Your Life
Next articleLifespan Concert
Consett Magazine
The Consett Magazine Editing team lovingly ❤️ publishes local news from a variety of local people and sources. Please see the individual article for post specific source(s). Consett deserves good news. Submit your own story or call 01207 438292 for advertising and marketing campaigns.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here