Ask the vet

As the festive season approaches, there are some things to bear in mind if you have a pet, to ensure they’re kept safe and well:

Some animals may be very interested in the cords of Christmas lights but chewing them can result in electrocution. Cover up the wires and turn them off at the plug when they’re not in use.

Fallen Christmas tree needles can get lodged in paws and cause abscesses so make sure they are hoovered up every day, or even better choose a fake tree

Dried fruit (like in your Christmas cake), chocolate (especially dark chocolate), mistletoe, poinsettia and alcohol can all be toxic and should not be left within reach of your pets

Ribbons, wrapping and tinsel might look like attractive treats for your dog but can cause upset stomachs and intestinal blockages that may require surgery.

Your vet will have to provide you with a service over the festive period, whether that’s at the practice itself, or with an out of hour’s provider. Make sure you speak to your practice now to get the relevant contact details in case you do have an emergency outside of their normal working hours.
http://princebishopvets.co.uk/client-advice/


Get CONSETT MAGAZINE straight to your inbox.

* indicates required

Facebook Comments


NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY