The new year is the perfect time to reflect on the last 12 months as well as look ahead and set goals for 2019!
We’ve found the most common resolutions for the coming year are to eat healthier, get more exercise and to save more money. And almost one third said that they wouldn’t be bothering with any resolutions at all.
For some, the mere mention of new year’s resolutions invokes moans and groans due to past failures. The biggest mistakes made when decided and settling on resolutions is having too many or making them too general and undefined.
Becoming more healthy or losing weight, are simply too broad – wouldn’t it be better to break the resolution down to “lose X KG every month” or “Eat only one takeaway each month instead of twelve”? You see, it’s all about clearly defining goals.
We’ve put together some help tips to make your resolution a success: firstly be honest with yourself; choose one goal that is SMART (specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time-based); track your progress and be accountable for your goals.
To inspire you, we asked our readers to share what they’d like to accomplish in 2019:
• Worry less, be more positive, and smile more
• Go to bed earlier, get up earlier and get more sleep.
• Pay off all debts and save more money
• Travel and meet new people
• Stop smoking and weekend binge-drinking
So what are Consett Magazine’s New Year resolutions (because businesses need resolutions too)?
Here’s what Consett Magazine aims to achieve in 2019:
• Provide readers with more local event listings
• Publish more video content on consettmagazine.com
• Tell more local business owners stories to help grow the local economy
• Assist more local people to get into writing, photography, or blogging
To get your advert, story, photo, or video published – email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01207 438 292.
Warmest regards and all the best for 2019, Barry Kirkham Marco Elsy, and everyone who makes Consett Magazine possible.