The Short answer is: Yes, absolutely!
Print advertising can be beautiful, and sometimes, much more effective and efficient than online ads or traditional TV advertising. Right, let’s look at the when, how and why is print advertising still effective in 2019. We’ve listed 6 reasons below.
- It’s tactile and invigorates the senses: When you are thumbing through magazines, newspapers and other printed media, you can actually feel the quality of the paper on your fingertips, the smell of the paper stock in the air, and the finish of the paper reflecting subtly in the light, etc. When combined, these attributes touch your senses in one way or the other and most people tend to remember a print advert for much longer than other media;
- Print gives credibility: Having your advert printed in a local or national magazine will give your company credibility compared to and advert on an unknown website, where anyone with £100 will be able to advertise. Ask yourself: if you saw an advert for a company in The Times, and an advert for another similar company on a random website, which company are you likely to trust? We’re pretty sure you would have picked the one with the advert in The Times;
- Print advertising increases sales and gets a higher ROI: Advertising in local magazines gets your advert to reach targeted local audiences who are looking for products offered by local companies like yours. eg, a reputed local magazine with adverts for local businesses may result in higher sales than compared to an advert for the same product online (because you probably just wanted general information from that site and were not in the market to buy something);
- Print ads are sometimes required by law: A lot of law agencies require announcements to be made in print publications, which results in mandatory publishing of ads in periodicals and newspapers. Non-compliance with such laws may result in heavy penalties for the company involved;
- Less distraction, less competition: If you reserve a full page in a local magazine for a grand launch of your company’s new product, there is not another business or advert in sight, meaning that the reader is only focused on your business. You can’t deny how effective that would be for your business! Print adverts have less distraction and competition (fewer ads per page) resulting in your advert being seen more often;
- Print lasts longer: Because print advert are tangible, they last longer. How is this beneficial? Remember your visits to the doctor or your dentist? What did you first look for when in the waiting room? Your answer would be ‘magazines!!’. So, print ads will last you much longer than other forms of advertising in this context, continuing your product’s advertising long after you had it published.