Please come and join in decorating memorial stones to remember all the loved ones lost due to Covid. The plan is the completed stones will then be set into a heart-shaped design and be sited in Blackhill park at a later date.
Below is all of the information of what you will need, times etc:
• Monday 28th February between 2pm-7pm (last admission time is 6pm).
• It will take approx 1 hour to decorate a stone/pebble.
• Venue: The Park Lodge, Blackhill park.
• Parking: There is a large free car park next to the park. Access is either from Laburnum Avenue, along Manse Street, or from Durham Road just above The Cricketers pub, along Dixon Street and turn left onto Manse Street. Both routes are sign-posted. The Lodge has ramped access to the front door and is level access throughout. An adapted toilet is available on the ground floor, next to the classroom where the workshop is taking place.
• Stones should be smooth, between approximately 8-15cm long or round, and be washed in mild detergent/washing up liquid and thoroughly rinsed and dried before decorating.
• Please wear old clothes and/or bring overalls, as paint will be used.
• The artist leading the session is Carrie Dennison, and she will supply good quality gesso (a form of undercoat), acrylic paints, and Posca marker pens for drawing details paint brushes and pencils will also be available.
• Health & Safety information: All materials will be safe to use and full instruction and guidance will be offered. The artist has her own Public Liability insurance, and a risk assessment is in place for practical art workshops at The Lodge.
• Whilst COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted by the government, The Lodge is a Durham County Council facility and adults who can do so are asked to consider wearing face-coverings when entering the building and using the toilets. Hand-sanitisers will be available at the front door and in the classroom, and work surfaces will be cleaned beforehand. Tables will be spread out to allow for some social distancing between households. All participants will be asked to sign in and leave some contact details. This is partly for administration purposes (in particular to let people know when the finished memorial is installed) and partly for NHS Test & Trace purposes.
• Most important: if you have any COVID-19 symptoms, have tested positive for COVID-19, or have been in contact with someone else who has tested positive, please do not attend the session.
• Taking part: It would be very helpful if people wanting to take part could let the organisers know in advance, either on the social media site where you saw the advert, or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org