Being single on Valentine’s Day is never fun. Everywhere you look is filled with happy couples expressing their feelings whilst you look on alone. Why not have a look at some ideas to help you get through the day and have some fun in the process?
- If you fancy staying indoors, why not have yourself a marathon of your favourite movies? Grab a box set and get watching. Lord of the Rings, Star Wars and Bridget Jones’ Diary are all great choices.
- Why not invite a few friends around and have an anti-Valentine’s party? Get your friends and have a blast with your nearest and dearest who are in the same position as you.
- Make Valentine’s Day a family day and go to visit them. In the modern age people don’t see as much of their families as they should.
With your partner on Valentine’s Day?
Valentine’s Day is all about celebrating your love for your partner. With such a wide range of products marketed towards couples it’s hard to decide what to do. Rather than buying your partner a box of chocolates or flowers from a garage forecourt; why not do something different? Here are some great ideas to make 2013 a Valentine’s Day to remember.
- If you rarely cook for your partner why not surprise them with a home cooked feast. They’ll love the effort and be impressed by your initiative.
- A massage is always a good idea on Valentine’s Day. It’s a great low cost way to shower your loved one with affection whilst making them feel fantastic.
- Back in the 80s it was the mix tape. The 2000’s was the mix CD. Bring this classic Valentine’s idea into the present by making your partner a Spotify playlist with all of your favourite songs to show how much they mean to you.